Saturday, September 22, 2007

Self Admonishment

I am seeing some obvious gaps in what I am currently doing and where I want to be in the future. I have hopes and aspirations to be successful in the music industry, but what exactly am I doing today to prepare for that tomorrow? .. not as much as I should be. There are a lot of little small things that I need to become disciplined in doing in order to move towards these ultimate goals.

There is no point in getting frustrated that you can't get anywhere in whatever it is that you are passionate about if you are not taking the small steps necessary to move towards those goals. It's like a person sitting in a parked car yelling at it because it won't take them to the store.

You have use the keys to start the ignition, put the car in drive, push the gas, use the brakes and turn the steering wheel in order to make it to the store. The car won't move by itself.

So what are the little things that you should (I should) be doing to get there?

5 comments:

Krystal Dawn said...

Well you mentioned that you were thinking about going back to school for music. That's a good idea. Oh! and I know you work full time but maybe you can do an internship with Oseola Studios, like on the weekends and stuff. The Owner, Dick, is super cool and will teach you SO much stuff. You should get a hold of him (Rusty knows him).

Avid Andy said...

be willing to take risks. pursuing a dream usually means walking the tightrope without a net. and surround yourself with people who believe in you and your dream. life is too short to waste doing something you're not passionate about...for too long. (maybe one day i will take that advice.)

Adam Frazier said...

Glad to see you in the blogosphere Jeremy - I'm in Winston-Salem currently but when I get back I'll add ya on my page.

Drove down to Raleigh yesterday to check out Transformers in IMAX - nuts.

Sheamus the... said...

We all have gaps and distant dreams. I am not going to be delusional and magestic or even try tell how to hot wire a car. But risk is huge. And Sacrifice sucks even worse. Faith is the glue my brotha...

Dude..are you serious? You can't add links to your page? Well it is in the blogger dashboard...template or soemthing...customize maybe...settings...hell I dont know.
Stick with it kid. Perseverence is also crucial in filling the gaps.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

love this post (sorry i'm a little behind. been sick this week. yuck)

anyway... i SO know what you're saying. my passion is writing. and while i write for a living, i definitely don't write anything i'm remotely passionate about.

i don't really know what to tell you that the folks above haven't already said. (they're all great, aren't they?)

i'm not sure whether you want to make music, write music, record music, represent musicians, or all of the above (or none of the above... maybe it's something entirely different). but whatever it is you're dreaming of, my best advice is to surround yourself not only with people who believe in you but also people who share your passion and do what you do. networking, my friend. as cliche as it sounds... it's all about networking.