Saturday, September 15, 2007

Questions for you

I have been thinking about the things that make me fall in love with certain bands. A lot of times it is just the great music. Sometimes it is watching how much fun they're having while performing live. Other times it's just the way that they treat the people around them. And on occassion it is just the outrageousness of their personality(insert the band, Man Man, here). Yes this is for real. My brother and I saw them in Athens. Probably one of the most entertaining bands I have ever seen.

So what makes you fall in love with certain band?

What do they do at shows that you love?

What are some cool things that they do on their websites?

What makes you feel connected to the bands that you love?

Think about it and let me know.

2 comments:

Sheamus the... said...

1) I fall in love with bands because of their lyrics. Deep, poetic, and raw. I have listened to a lot of good sounding music but none of it sticks to the ribs. It's all in what you say. Mewithoutyou is one of my all time favorite bands...many people can't stand his voice. I admit that I couldn't either until his lyrics hooked me. Checkem out.

2)They love performing. They are excited and passionate about what they are singing and when they are singing it's like their is no one else in the room.

3) that they crap too and they let me know they do

Kim said...

Well, helloooo there stranger! Nice blog, man. i really like this post- it got me thinking.
Lyrics are a big part of why I like a band, but it's gotta be more than that. There's gotta be soul and passion behind it. Like, when Al Green sings "Tired of Being Alone" you feel it, even though the lyrics aren't that special.
As for seeing bands live- bands that just get up there and have fun are the best. I saw Ben Folds when I was in college and even though I went home feeling like I was gonna burn for singing along to those lyrics, it was seriously the best show I've ever been to. He has so much energy and plays like it's his only chance he'll ever get to make you like his music. And the banter between him and his band and the audience was so great. He's probably old and boring now, but back then it was a dang good show.