Friday, November 30, 2007

Rhythms and Randoms

I have holed myself in the small corner of my room with my laptop after an exhaustive session of recording and mixing. I am working on a collaboration project with a friend of mine. The concept is taking life and its ammunition is causing me to stretch and expand my current style and capability. It's hard, but it's nice to be pushing myself outside of my comfort zone of creating music.

As I've tried this new style it has loosened tidbits of treasure from seemingly scorched land. The sky has opened its arms and the horizon seems to inflate. Its broadened borders offer both the comfort and the challenge that I have much to learn. I am excited about this new land. A new playground to explore.

Has your creative land expanded lately?

What are you doing to stretch beyond that which you are currently comfortable?

1 comment:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

i'll have to mull this over for a bit. as i said on my blog... i feel like my creativity has gone on vacation.

perhaps i'll attempt to lure it back with my pocket muse (greatest writing book ever!).

we shall see.