Monday, November 19, 2007

Ah yes.. the holidays

Friends and family I welcome you to the insanity that is the holiday season. A time when Christmas music clogs the airways, and decorations are set out so early that I feel I may be celebrating the wrong holiday. It seems to begin creeping in earlier and earlier every year, and it causes me to want to sing Deck the Halls as I munch on a plate of turkey.

I don't mind Christmas music, I actually enjoy listening to Christmas music at various points in time during the year. Strange, I know.

The one aspect that I do not enjoy about the holidays is the gruesome travel days before the main events. All of America seems to leave at exactly the same time and cause trip times to suddenly double. But, the outcome is worth the effort in getting to see friends and family and share the joy of being able to be together.

8 comments:

Avid Andy said...

i actually really like the holidays. i'm a little torn this year because i am staying in charlotte instead of going to be with my family in memphis.

Kim said...

i've said it before and i'll say it again: Christmas music is THE BEST. my favorite CD of all-time is the Charlie Brown Christmas album- Vince Guaraldi is a genius.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

OH MY GOSH, KIM! i, too, adore my charlie brown christmas cd. i listen to it every night (from thanksgiving through new years) as i drift off to sleep. :)

i love the holidays. i'm so excited. i just wish it would get cold. it's not right that thanksgiving is in like three days and it's still in the 80s here. bleck.

Jeremy Johnson said...

I love the holidays. The only aspect that bothers me is the travel days.

Krystal Dawn said...

My old roommate used to start listening to music November 1st. It was insane. I love the holidays, but when Christmas decorations start coming out in September, I get a little annoyed.

Sheamus the... said...

i dont l ike christmas music...there is said it.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

hey jeremy.
if you get the chance, make shea listen to sufjan stevens' christmas box set.
and if he doesn't like that christmas music, slap him please.

thanks
~m

Avid Andy said...

blogging doesn't take a holiday....