Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Lesson: Don't Rush

Lessons come in different packages. Some are small and gently tug your conscience, and others are boisterous and unexpectedly pimp-slap you. The former are nice to have, but sometimes it takes the latter for you to be able to drink in reality as it should be.

In my mind I had pieced together everything that needed to happen over the course of the next few months: handing in my two week notice at my current position, pack up all that I own (which is hardly much, but more than I need), and move to Charlotte. And I truly hadn't thought much more in depth than that.

I have been the king of quick decisions in my short span on this earth. I have picked up and moved to Portland(OR), San Diego, and Raleigh(NC) with intermittent stops back in the homeland of Virginia. Never thought twice, just moved.

And here is Wisdom that has shifted my world off-axis: Those who make haste with their feet err.

Period.

5 comments:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

wow. great post. and i'm going against my will and following your advice. part of me wants to just up and move to charlotte and hope (and pray A LOT) that i get a job... now that the one i thought i had fell through.

but something tells me that would be really stupid. i'm in debt... i'm broke... and it would be stupid.

but hell... i really wish i could. i envy your adventurous nature. i look forward to seeing where you end up.

[and hey... did you get my e-mails?]

Avid Andy said...

or if you snooze, you lose. no actually your wisdom is probably more wise.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

k... i just forwarded everything i sent before one more time. check your junk mail... yahoo tends to put my e-mails in junk.

let me know :)

Krystal Dawn said...

So are you going to move here or not? Shea and I think you should.

Avid Andy said...

i have a room you can rent