Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Small thoughts

Small sparks. I can see the flames trying to dance out from beneath the surface. I can feel the heat, sense the urging; the longing for fuel to feed the blaze that can be. It shimmers and shifts; seemingly a mirage, but the depths of me knows that I have touched eternity.

What if film becomes more than art? What if music becomes more than words and melody? What if art becomes more than presentation? What if words become more than just ideas?

Imagine these tools in the hands of artisans skilled in crafting message, experienced in communicating purpose, desperate to weave eternal into fleeting things. What if we finally begin to touch something larger than ourselves, and begin to reveal Him who is greater than all things and in all things?

Hope brings life, and life brings light to tear darkness from its throne and death from its feast. Saturate your mind with the impact of these tools. Now use them to bring hope.

These are the thoughts in my mind. I wrestle with these instructions, I find myself desperate to build my kingdom of fame and fortune. Hollow mountains made of thinest glass. Dreams separated from purpose; vain ambitions. They mean nothing if they do nothing for anyone but myself. Oh let me see outside of my tiny kingdom of filth to a life extraordinary.

5 comments:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

wow.

i'm sort of speechless. and i have to say, these are anything but "small" thoughts. you challenge me to think deeper before i write, and i appreciate that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Avid Andy said...

thanks for the music. now if there was only a new post...

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is amazing. The flow of the words is awesome.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

ummmm...

it's been WAY too long. what's up?