Saturday, December 8, 2007

Small set

Last night I had the privilege of playing a small set at an art gallery exhibit opening. I was invited by another musician, Seth Hall, to come and play a half hour set. The artist, Ashley Lathe, was an incredibly genuine person that I enjoyed talking to and learning the history behind his works.

The crowd that came was gracious, and as I played all I could think about was how much I like doing this. I watched as people sat in their small subgroups and talked and laughed, enjoyed the artwork and the evening. I just hoped that in someway I was able to contribute to their night out in a positive way.

3 comments:

Avid Andy said...

that sounds like a really cool night. you should post a video of one of your performances or just come play charlotte.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

what a cool experience, and i'm certain you contributed.

and even though charlotte's closer, i think you should come to texas first.

Krystal Dawn said...

Everyone form a half circle around JJ! haha